TEACHER LOAN PROGRAM
If you’re a…
- teacher of grades 12 and under
- preschool teacher
- childcare worker
…register for a teacher loan card at the Circulation Desk.
Call (440) 333-7610 or visit the Children’s Room to request a teacher loan of up to 75:
- picture books
- graphic novels
- fiction chapter books
- nonfiction books
- compact discs
- books on CD
- Playaway Audio books
Teacher loans must be picked up and returned inside the library at the Circulation Desk. Materials are available for 28 days.
MATERIALS FOR TEACHERS
Do you need to create a classroom set? The library stocks multiple copies of a number of books. In addition, you may request copies to create a class set from various libraries for pick up at Rocky River Public Library through the library’s interlibrary loan service, SearchOhio. Please allow approximately one week for materials to arrive.
The professional collection contains books for teachers and caregivers of children birth through grade six. It includes activity books as well as ideas for implementing Common Core Standards.
The library’s collection of audiobooks may be paired with print copies to aid struggling readers. Physical formats include books on cd, PlayAways (preloaded mp3 players), and readalongs (prepackaged book and book on cd sets).
the library’s streaming service, includes digital audiobooks and educational films. provides access to ebooks and audiobooks for children. contains interactive storybooks, chapter books, games, and more.
The library subscribes to a number of databases and factual resources for children. → See Homework Help
The Children’s Department staff is happy to demonstrate these resources.
- Can include a presentation, a library tour, and material check out.
- Arrange your visit with Children’s Services Manager Lucy Carney at (440) 333-7610
OUTREACH STORY TIMES
- Available for preschools and daycares in Rocky River
- Conducted by our experienced children’s specialists
- Designed to create excitement about books and reading
- Contact the Children’s Services Manager at (440) 333-7610 for more information